Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I am entertained.

As potential for knowledge emanates
from this institute in its opening stage,
so the multitude of raindrops plummet
on this first shower of the semester.

Sweetly strummed and calmly crooned 
I hum and float along to sweet melodies
her face in my mind's eye, now fading
as I fall asleep to the song we sing together

Calm dark walks on abandoned roads
trees with needles and cool clean sheets
smiles and hugs and up the stairs
perfect evenings on the couch
huge dense forests at every turn
schools with friends and lakes to see
I miss these things, do they miss me ?

Like great works, deep feelings always mean more than they are conscious of saying.
-Camus
 

No comments:

About Me

All poetry is supposed to be instructive but in an unnoticeable manner; it is supposed to make us aware of what it would be valuable to instruct ourselves in; we must deduce the lesson on our own, just as with life. -Goethe