Friday, January 23, 2009

Cloud Cult.

beckoned to fall swiftly
leaning over rails and bridges
clouds drift in sequence
they desire my form
and I theirs
I stand on the edge
requesting a swap
they all agree
they prefer to remain anonymous and plural
which is just fine with me
I prefer anonymity as well
who wants to be a cloud if anyone knows you?
It's best to float by without notice
casting shadows and rain
watching tiny people
hastily, frenetically try to cope
with the burdens of earth-life
surely I'm a citizen of Earth myself
only my world is miles above pain
above confusion and enmity and coarseness
I am no longer a coarse being
my molecules are more a loose association
clinging water, lighter than air
brushing by mountains, amazonian treetops
I swell as I sweep across still lakes and rivers
my form is now bloated, my shade is now gray
as winds whip me upwards
I feel fit to burst
a thunderclap, and I fall apart
millions of fragments flung downward
gravity's urgings have won out
endless sensation as I plink on a pond
I splash against branches and dribble down leaves
I wash across playgrounds, swingsets and schools
and as I strike the soft sweet earth
I feel at home, my cycle is complete

No comments:

About Me

All poetry is supposed to be instructive but in an unnoticeable manner; it is supposed to make us aware of what it would be valuable to instruct ourselves in; we must deduce the lesson on our own, just as with life. -Goethe