Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Standing On A Corner

I feel unfettered.
A dagger finally pulled
from a deep wound.
I feel my legs can stretch,
my lungs can move.

A hearty dose of self-actualization
and a stolid sprinkle of understanding.
Here is the light.
Right above me, behind the shadows
and dust.

Everything is sharper somehow,
more natural and sudden.
Each line and angle gives
way to the next, swiftly,
calmly, like the wind about
a flag; crisp, snapped to,
but without violence.

I stride now, excitement
touched up my joints,
settling in the muscle,
rapping the bone in spray.

My neck is straight, and it
turns for hopeful windows
of inspiratory secrets,
small moments of
pedestrianism holding
golden hymns to beauty,
kindness or wisdom.

No comments:

About Me

All poetry is supposed to be instructive but in an unnoticeable manner; it is supposed to make us aware of what it would be valuable to instruct ourselves in; we must deduce the lesson on our own, just as with life. -Goethe