Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In Pours the Snow

It pours from clouds, my eyes and temples glaze.
The wind a swell of snow that coats my face,
a logic rife with cold, indifferent,
unfrozen, melting water dripping down.
A rill that wets my lips and chin to fuel
responses, feeding freshly breathing thoughts,
as crowded round my Basin they appear -
to rust its iron-rimmed foundation.

My fervor wrapped in frozen sweat, a warmth
derived from rocky till.  The gravel laid
beneath my feet, ground's counterpoint to snow;
Its endless lack of heat, desire.  The rill
of moisture meets my neck, I shiver,
but smile, hollow space's intercessor.

No comments:

About Me

All poetry is supposed to be instructive but in an unnoticeable manner; it is supposed to make us aware of what it would be valuable to instruct ourselves in; we must deduce the lesson on our own, just as with life. -Goethe